Week Four checkpoint
There are no changes to the daily routine for week four. And there are two new exercises to include in this weeks workouts: shallow squats, and calf raises.
Tasks for this week
The daily routine is still to be done every day:
- Foam rolling, 10 rolls each position
- The Crouching Three stretches, 30 seconds per position each leg
- Glute activation routine
The workout needs to be done three times per week, with at least 48 hours rest between each one. It contains:
- Knee isometrics, four sets of 30 seconds each leg
- Glute bridges, three sets. See workbook for reps
- Shallow squats, three sets. See workbook for reps
- Calf raises, three sets. See workbook for reps
Remember to keep logging your pain levels before and after the days program.
Important notes on squatting
For some people their knees are not quite ready for squatting by week four and you may find it increases the daily pain number.
If this is the case after your first session of squats we suggest returning to the week three routine to give the knees an extra week of work to settle and muscles time to strengthen. You can try the squats again in seven days time.
Remember, there are no short cuts and no prizes for rushing.