Week Six checkpoint
For week six we will be introducing the movement skill component of the program.
All movements should start at an easy intensity and only increase very gradually. Pay close attention to the video demonstrations and instructions below.
*As mentioned earlier in the program if you don't run, and have no plans to run you might choose to not complete these new activities. Continue progressing with the rest of the activities as normal.
Tasks for this week
The daily routine is still to be done every day:
- Foam rolling, 10 rolls each position
- The Crouching Three stretches, 30 seconds per position each leg
- Glute activation routine, five reps each leg for each variation
The workout needs to be done three times per week, with at least 48 hours rest between each one:
- Knee isometrics, four sets of 30 seconds each leg
- Postage stamp jumps. See workbook for sets and reps
- High hip skip. See workbook for sets and reps
- Shallow squats, four sets. See workbook for reps (continue progressing range)
- Calf raises, three sets. See workbook for reps
Remember to keep logging your pain levels before and after the days program.
NB. Don’t panic if you have the occasional moment of soreness here and there either during the program or in every day life. that is totally normal. If your pain stays elevated for more than a day, it might be worth revisiting your acute to chronic workload ratio to see if your training load has jumped up suddenly.
How have you found the program?