Week Seven checkpoint
For week seven we will be introducing the final piece of the program, two advanced stretches. You will do these advanced stretches in the daily routine after the basic stretches and before the glute activation.
Now is also the time to start increasing the range of motion of your squats, just remember to keep these in a pain free range of motion, and be sure to sit back into your glutes.
Just like last week with the movement skill, start all these new exercises very gently and be sure to read the instructions below carefully.
To do this week
The daily routine is still to be done every day:
- Foam rolling, 10 rolls each position
- The Crouching Three stretches, 30 seconds per position each leg
- The advanced stretches, 30 seconds per position each leg
- Glute activation routine, five reps each leg for each variation
The workout needs to be done three times per week, with at least 48 hours rest between each one:
- Knee isometrics, four sets of 30 seconds each leg
- Postage stamp jumps, four sets. See workbook for reps
- High hip skip, four sets. See workbook for reps
- Squats (increased range), four sets. See workbook for reps
- Calf raises, three sets. See workbook for reps
Remember to keep logging your pain levels before and after the days program.
And we would love it if you could give the program a review, these go a long way to make sure people hear bout the program and we would really appreciate it!
Take your training to the next level
Now that you've completed the Osgood Schlatter program and are pain-free, we have a follow up program that might take you to another level! We've designed a comprehensive 7-week follow-up training program to help you regain fitness, speed, power and agility.
This progressive plan focuses on:
- Speed and agility drills
- Plyometric exercises
- Sport-specific movement patterns
- Conditioning activities and workouts to regain your fitness
- Building strength in the hips, core and knees
Over the 7 weeks, you'll redevelop the fitness and movement skills all while managing your Osgood to avoid a return of your pain. The program is customisable based on your needs and goals.
Don't lose the gains you've made in overcoming Osgood Schlatter - sign up now for the performance enhancement follow up program! Gain access to the full 7 weeks of programming, exercise videos, tips and live coaching support.