This week's activities
For week six we will be introducing the movement skill component of the program. Start these at an easy intensity and only increase very gradually. Pay close attention to the video demonstrations and instructions below.
Severs quick links:
Join the Facebook support group →
Read the Severs Knowledge base →
The daily routine is still to be done every day. It now contains:
- Foam rolling, 10 rolls each position
- The Crouching Three stretches, 30 seconds per position each leg
- Glute activation routine, five reps each leg for each variation
- Standing calf isometrics, just two sets of 45 seconds each leg
- Bent leg calf isometrics, just two sets of 45 seconds each leg
- Keep logging your pain levels before and after the days program
The workout is to be done three times per week, with at least 48 hours rest between each workout. It contains:
*Note the change to workout sequence*
- Glute bridges, three sets. See workbook for reps
- Bodyweight squats, three sets. See workbook for reps
- Stride Outs, three sets. See workbook for distances
- High Hip Skips, three sets. See workbook for distances
- Postage stamp jumps. See workbook for sets and reps
- Standing or bent leg calf raises, three sets. See workbook for reps (these will alternate each workout)
Remember to keep logging your pain levels before and after the days program.
Don’t panic if you have the occasional moment of soreness, that is totally normal. If your pain stays elevated for more than a day, it might be worth revisiting your acute to chronic workload ratio to see if your training load has jumped up suddenly.
Also, we would appreciate it if you left a program review on our website, you can do that by pressing the link below. These reviews go a long way to helping us continue our mission helping athletes around the world treat their Osgood Schlatters and Severs Disease.